Rapid Part™ motion optimization
As part of Hypertherm’s SureCut™ technology, Rapid Part™ technology delivers significant productivity increases, automatically without operator intervention. Rapid Part technology uses motion optimization techniques programmed into the part program and automatically executed by the computer numerical control (CNC).
Parts produced using the same cutting machine, same cut speed, and same cutting time duration.
Note: Cut-to-cut cycle time improvement will be apparent on all jobs, with the most significant productivity improvements achieved on nests using thin plate with a high part/pierce count.
How does it work?
Rapid Part technology targets and optimizes five aspects of the total cutting process that causes longer cycle time and occurs during the period from the last cut or pierce to the next pierce.
- Rapid Part™ technology increases the number of parts produced per hour by up to 100%.
- Delivers cut-to-cut cycle time reduction automaticaly without operator intervention up to 80% and reduces time to cut each part by about 50%.
True Bevel™ perfect bevels
As part of Hypertherm’s SureCut™ technology, True Bevel™ technology for HPRXD® plasma systems is a new performance application for mild steel. Factory tested and easily implemented, it takes the guesswork out of the plasma bevel-cutting process. With True Bevel™, setups for new jobs are quick and results are accurate.
Using Hypertherm mild steel bevel cut parameters, customers can quickly achieve accurate bevel parts for new jobs.
Bevel angle and land density coverage
True Bevel for XPR300 has angle coverage for V- and Top-Y cuts up to 50° and A cuts upto 45 deg. The tables contain values for lands ranging from 20% to 50% of the material thickness for Y-top cuts. You can add other angles and land dimensions within the specified ranges into the bevel process parameter tables for more flexibility. The tables automatically provide newly calculated output values for angle compensation, kerf, cut height, cut speed, and arc voltage.
- Setup time and scrap material are greatly reduced for new job setup due to reduced trial and error.
- Bevel cut sequence recommendation is provided for improved accuracy and consistent quality.
- Scalable parameter tables with embedded equations allow users to add new angles with ease.
- True Bevel technology works with all common bevel head designs and covers V, A, and Top-Y style cuts for mild steel.
True Hole™ cut quality
As part of Hypertherm’s SureCut™ technology, our patented True Hole® technology for mild steel produces significantly better hole quality than what has been previously possible using plasma. It is exclusively available for use in conjunction with Hypertherm’s HPRXD® auto gas plasma systems including the new XPR300® system.
True Hole is automatically applied by the nesting software or CNC software to thicknesses up to 25 mm (1”) diameter and hole coverage ranges from hole diameter to thickness ratios from 2:1 to as low as 1:1.
True Hole technology requires HyPerformance® Plasma HPRXD or XPR300 system along with a True Hole enabled cutting machine. Consult with your machine manufacturer for more details on the specific components you may require
Note: HPRXD must be autogas configuration only
- Bolt hole quality is delivered automatically without operator intervention.
- Narrows the gap with laser hole quality making the plasma process suitable for many jobs previously cut with laser.
- Virtual elimination of hole taper.
- Ding is reduced and biased to the outside of the hole.
- Delivers true “bolt-hole” quality
Get in Touch
+64 7 349 6821
92 Tallyho Street, Rotorua, NZ
Follow Plazmax Technologies on Facebook and keep up-to-date with the latest technology, cutting solutions, news and events.